November 6, 2014

starting to get engaged in this work

it's a real treat working on my website with my new computer. Everything happens so easily.

My old computer was a dell dimension from 2006, with a pentium 4, 2GB of memory, & no video card. It was slow to render clips. It couldn't play anything in 1080p HD. I would watch the world as it transitioned from SD to HD, from desktops to mobile, from blogs to tubes, & I felt stuck. When i had free cash, i would buy new shoots, not new computers.

My new system is a custom build. I did it myself so i could know all the parts. Also you get a much higher quality product when you buy parts from reputable suppliers. The dells & lenovos charge you higher prices than doing it yourself, & they make their profit using cheap components.

the major difference in my new computer is SPEED! i use an SSD for the OS & wow what a difference. The system boots up in 25 seconds instead of 2 minutes. It closes in 15 seconds instead of 2 minutes. It would take 5 minutes to render a RAW SD clip. My new system takes about 20 seconds. Wowsers!

Today I am on a learning curve. I am learning dreamweaver 6 so i can finally make a competent member area & new tours. I am learning Adobe premiere so i can edit HD content.

My dream is that my website stands alongside femjoy (my favorite site) in terms of quality & reputation. This is where i want to go. One day at a time i will do my best to work to get there.

In the meantime, stay tuned for regular updates. i am working to finish releasing all the SD clips from my completed shoots.